How do I remove an image background?
With the image selected, you'll have options on the left hand menu to edit your graphic. From there, click the toggle that says " Remove Image Background." To restore the image background, simply click the toggle button once again.
* Note: This feature is only available on Pro and Team plans.
Recommendations for Background Removals
Here are some recommendations to help you remove image backgrounds from your photos.
- Contrast: Make sure the image you are using was taken under good lighting conditions. In order to receive the best results, there should be a noticeable contrast between your foreground and background.
- Alignment: Double check to make sure that your images are properly aligned before removing the image background. If you need to flip a graphic or rotate a graphic to the correct orientation, do that before toggling the background removal.
- Prefer plain backgrounds: Avoid using backgrounds that are too busy. Using a simple plain background or a background which is blurred compared to the rest of the image will provide the best results.
- Sharp foregrounds: You will want to make sure your subject or foreground is sharp and isn't blurry or else your foreground runs the risk of being erased as well.